Two input password field and I get popup

eevan79

When I use two password field I get the popup window to select users.

Here is screenshot

wtfjhv.jpg

but when I insert another input field that is different type (email) this popup dont shows up. I tried to set this input field hidden but still getting popup window.

<tr>
<td width="220" height="36"><div align="right">Password:
</div></td><td> <div align="left"> <input size="30" type="password" name="user_password" />
</td>

<tr>
<td height="36"><div align="right">Confirm password:</div></td><td> <div align="left"><input size="30" type="password" name="user_pass_check" /></div></td></tr>

How to prevent this popup to not show up???

It looks like the browser has detected that you are changing a password.  There is a possibility that the browser has stored the previous password, however it does not know which user is currently logged in to the site so as you are changing the password it is asking for which user this is for.

As this is a browser based event, you cannot change this from happening really... plus the fact that the browser has this as a feature, trying to get around it means that users of your site who have this same browser feature will lose it... and your customers may like the feature.  To try and change the way a web browser behaves would be a little like choosing Google Chrome and forcing all of your visitors to use Google Chrome to use your site. 

If you don't like the pop-up.. the best way to deal with it would be to see if the browser has a setting to turn this feature off.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.