print formatting in php

jonndoe45

I have developed a intranet php app. I need to create nice looking printouts - reports and invoices. Yes I know that you can't print for the clients machine, it won't be done like that. The server will do the printouts.

What I am going to do is create the printable files in a set directory.

The invoices need a graphic image to be printed as the logo then the invoice, probably done on a thermal printer.

The reports will be a bog standard printer.

So, I need to know if there are print libraries out there to get my formatting set out and how do I test these files easily without having to print them out every time I make a minor change - is there some sort of print preview viewer in Ubuntu ?

If anyone can help, greatly appreciated

Thanks

JD

When I have need for reports, summaries, and invoices, I simply create a HTML document (or PDF) in a report folder. That way I can use CSS to style it the way I want and I can easily go back to view older ones.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.