Update rows with the sums of fields from other table

hiprakhar

Hi,

I have to update tempqty of all available products in the productlist. For this I have to calculate the difference of the Sums of each product purchased and sold.

I am writing this query for the same in MySql and MS access but they are not working. In Ms Access it says "must be an updateable query", in MySQL the sum of all the qty is update in the tempqty. This is the query.

UPDATE CopyProductBatch AS p SET p.tempqty =

(SELECT (a.total - b.total) FROM

(SELECT SUM(qty) AS total FROM Inventory AS i, CopyProductBatch AS p WHERE type = 'p' AND i.productbatchcode = p.productbatchcode) a,

(SELECT SUM(qty) AS total FROM Inventory AS i, CopyProductBatch AS p WHERE type = 's' AND i.productbatchcode = p.productbatchcode) b)

Please help

For MySQL

UPDATE CopyProductBatch AS p 
LEFT JOIN (SELECT productbatchcode, SUM(qty) AS total FROM Inventory WHERE type = 'p' GROUP BY productbatchcode) AS a USING (productbatchcode)
LEFT JOIN (SELECT productbatchcode, SUM(qty) AS total FROM Inventory WHERE type = 's' GROUP BY productbatchcode) AS b USING (productbatchcode)
SET p.tempqty = IFNULL(a.total,0) - IFNULL(b.total,0)

Thanks Mchl!!

The query works perfect in MySQL! One problem though in MS ACCESS it says "syntax error in update statement" and the cursor goes over "USING".

Is there any alias for this that works in MS ACCESS

Thanks for the support!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.