PHP with HTML 'database'

Hello, all.  I am interested in designing a website for a local group.  Currently, we use a WYSIWYG editor from the website host.  It is fine, I suppose, but the current people involved in making the website are not very good at web design even with a WYSIWYG editor (yikes!) so I want to have a very rigid format for the website where the website designers can insert text in a box to update the page and upload pictures that will appear in a specific place on the webpage. 

Given that we will be dealing with a rather small amount of information, I question whether it is worthwhile to worry about database logistics and transaction security.  My idea is to just create a set number of static HTML pages and then create a a small control panel in PHP that would update the HTML pages. 

Basically, the tasks that the control panel would handle would be to change the front page news and announcements, change the text on any page on the website (about 20 pages total, if that), add and subtract member names to a member list, update the board of directors list, and to add events to the calendar. 

They would all be relativly simple tasks so I think a database would be too much but I want a second opinion.  I do not see the website expanding (within the next 2 or 3 years) to anything beyond a simple and concise collection of (relativly static) encyclopedic information.  There is certainly nothing dynamic on our website (with respect to the user).  If you require more information, then please let me know.  Thank you for your help in this matter, pals! 

Home (important news and announcements)

About (about the organization and some of our community involvement and values)

People (a list of our members)

Leaders (a list of the organization leaders with photos)

Calendar (a table of events aroudn the area that our members might find relevant)

Prior Meetings (a list of prior monthly meetings and that happened at them)

Future Meetings (a list of events for 2 to 3 meetings in advance)

Contact Us (a simple contact us page that people can use to get information)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.