Hello from Auburn, California

cjohnweb

Hey there,

My name is John. I have been coding PHP / MySQL for 9 years or so now. I am 23 years old. I play guitar, bass, drums, etc. My hobbies have been between programming and playing music for so long it is basically the core of my spare time.

Some of my favorite things to code are things that are automated and collect information; For example I wrote a script to scrape torrents from ThePirateBay. Made a bot for yuwie.com once but it doesn't work anymore.

Recently I spend more of my time writing in my blog @ http://iluvjohn.com/. I write whatever I feel like writing but most of it is programming stuff.

I have not jumped into the OOP PHP yet, but I have started to with my introduction to XPath.

I have also been starting to learn C / C++, and a language called SPIN for an embedded chip known as the Propeller by Parallax.

PHP is like my second language though, so I am happy to be here!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.