getting dates using strtotime or other if possible.

iPixel

so i have a basic html table and down the left column i have monday,tuesday,wednesday.... sunday.

In the column 2nd from the left, i want to fill it with the current weeks dates, which is really based on the current date. So if today is Jul 29th Friday, then strtotime("last monday") would give me Jul 26th Monday... my issue is "last monday" wont work if today is monday because that will give me 19th of july... and since I technically dont know what day is today i'm not sure how to cleanly work around this without having to use some if statement... if today is monday do "last monday +7 days" or just do "now" etc...

Thanks!

Here's the table itself.

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" style="border:1px solid #CCCCCC;" width="100%">
                                <tr>
                                	<td align="center" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; background-color:#ebebeb;" width="100"> 
                                    </td>
                                	<td align="center" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; background-color:#ebebeb;" width="100">
                                    <strong>Date</strong></td>
                                    <strong>In(1)</strong></td>
                                    <strong>Out(1)</strong></td>
                                    <strong>In(2)</strong></td>
                                    <strong>Out(2)</strong></td>
                                    <td align="center" style="background-color:#ebebeb;" width="100">
                                    <strong>Hours Worked</strong></td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                	<td align="left" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
								<strong>Monday</strong></td>
                                	<td align="center" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
								 </td>
                                	<td align="center" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                	<td align="center" style="border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                	<td align="left" style="border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC; border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
								<strong>Tuesday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
								<strong>Wednesday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
								<strong>Thursday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
								<strong>Friday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr style="background-color:#fffcd3;">
								<strong>Saturday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr style="background-color:#fffcd3;">
								<strong>Sunday</strong></td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
								 </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                	<td colspan="6" align="right" style="border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC; border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC;">
                                    <strong>Total Hours:</strong>           
                                    </td>
                                    <td align="center" style="border-top:1px solid #CCCCCC; background-color:#990033;">
                                    	<span style="color:#ebebeb; font-weight:bold;">
									####
                                        </span>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                                </table>
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>

So it's the 2nd column i have to populate based on current weeks dates. So in essence the dates would change with each new week.

As for php code i'm just trying to figure out the dates themselves.

$today = strtoupper(date("d-M-Y", strtotime("today")));

is there even such a way to say $monday= strtoupper(date("d-M-Y", strtotime("this weeks monday")));

Another option would be to get a start date ie:monday and get the end date ie:sunday / mon+7

And somehow just generate the dates in between, but i'm not sure how to do that if monday is the 29th. How would i know when to stop at 29/30/31 and reset back to 1 for a new month.

I though about doing this but then the issue becomes...

if(date("D") = "Tue")

do this

else

do that

the issue is, the do "that" part.. it's just going to cause yet another if statement checking that the "D" really is only so that i can do strtotime("last tuesday") or strtotime("next tuesday").

am i wrong?

I think this might work.

if(date("D") == "Mon")
				{
					$monday = date("d-M-Y"); //note that strtotime("today") is ignored
					$tuesday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next tuesday"));
					$wednesday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next wednesday"));
					$thursday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next thursday"));
					$friday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next friday"));
					$saturday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next saturday"));
					$sunday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next sunday"));
				}
			if(date("D") == "Tue")
				{
					$monday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("last monday"));
					$tuesday = date("d-M-Y"); //note that strtotime("today") is ignored
					$wednesday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next wednesday"));
				}
			if(date("D") == "Wed")
				{
					$monday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("last monday"));
					$tuesday = date("d-M-Y",strtotime("next wednesday"));
					$wednesday = date("d-M-Y"); //note that strtotime("today") is ignored
				}

I think you might be looking at it the wrong way.

<?php
if(date("D") == "Mon") {
    $currentDay = time(); //note that strtotime("today") is ignored
} else {
    $currentDay = strtotime("last Monday");
}
//Now we have a timestamp in the first day of the week (Mon)
?>
<table>
<?php
for($i=0; $i<7; $i++) //Do this for 7 days
{
    echo "<tr><td>".date("l",$currentDay)."</td><td>".date("d-M-Y",$currentDay)."</td></tr>"; //Output each line in the table
    $currentDay += 24*60*60; //add 24 hours to the timestamp to get the next day (Tue, then Wed etc)
}
?>
</table>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.