Feedback regarding a new website...

cgm225

I recently finished a rough draft of a professional site I would like to use for myself.  However, before I start putting the link on business cards, etc, I wanted to get some community feedback first.  You can login to the above site using the following:: username: guest  |    password: brutal

I am going for a very simple, minimalistic design.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

bt

I recently finished a rough draft of a professional site I would like to use for myself.  However, before I start putting the link on business cards, etc, I wanted to get some community feedback first.  You can login to the above site using the following:: username: guest  |    password: brutal

I am going for a very simple, minimalistic design.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

bt

I would take out the code page. Although it shows that you have interest in building websites, I just don't think it fits well into the rest of the site. I'm a web designer / developer, and this is as if I had a page on my site related to my enjoyment of tequila.

On your contact page, you should have a form so that people can send you a message. Having your email address on the page will get you lots of spam, even if you try to hide it with javascript. You might look at tectite.com to see a great formmail program that you can use for free.

I think the rest looks good. It's a nice template for a site with a small amount of content. As this site grows, it will quickly outgrow the template size, but since you enjoy building websites, you will just have fun creating a new template when that time comes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.