Question about maxmind javascript geotargeting

the-sexy-slug

Hello

I would like a little advice please.

I would like to geo target certain Javascript ads to certain coutry visitors that visit my site.

What I am interested in doing is using the Maxmind javascript api which can be found here:-

http://www.maxmind.com/app/javascript

And then I would like to target the ads for different countries on my site. For example:-

UK: will see uk ads in pound sterling

US: will see ads in us dollars

AUSTRALIA: will see australian ads

Etc...

How could I accomplish this in Javascript? The reason why I am not using PHP is due to the site I am making is to be hosted on a server that does not have PHP.

Thanks all in advance for your kind help.

PS. I will be using Generated Javascript code for the ads.

does it have... asp? can you request the host install php for you? you will need a backend script somewhere.. maybe get a free hosting site that supports php and put geolocation software on that server.. then AJAX request where they live from that server..

also help on a certain library/opensource code will more than likely need asking in the opensource forum here on phpfreaks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.