Recreate database structure of other website

deeab

I am supposed to recreate the database structure of a website which does not belong to me, therefore i have no access to the database.  It's quite a complex website and I'm nearly a beginner in website developing and it's quite tricky for me to figure out their database structure. Is there any way i could get a clue about the fields that exist in the table?

Sorry if it's quite a stupid question..

it is not a stupid question it is nearly impossible unless they don't protect against sql injection, and even then you'd need to know the table name to get any data about the table to be output..

your best bet is to not worry about their table structure.. and build your database to accommodate data output that their site outputs..

for example.. if their website outputs information like:

artist name, song name, song length, song bit rate, song genre..

then you know those fields are going to be needed :)

if you need any help feel free to MSN me RussellonMSN@hotmail.com :) I won't do any code for you but I can give you advice :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.