Problems with Loops / For's / Cycles

rubahfgouveia

Hey guys, i'm kind of stuck here, and was wondering if anyone could give me a hand. I'm kind of new in PHP, and currently I'm experiencing a cycle problem.

I have a php page that recieve a list of variable number of arrays (it can be one array, or even 10), and what i want the cycle to do is, is to print out each value contained in each array.

Example of variables recieved through POST:

([course1] => Array ( [0] => BBB [1] => YA ) [course2] => Array ( [0] => EWA) [course3] => Array ( [0] => aaa))

for($i = 0; $i < $num_course; $i++) // num_course is the number of arrays (course0,course1) that are recieved
		{

$test = "course".$i;

for($x = 0; $x < sizeof([color=red]$test[/color]); $x++)
                   {

echo("[color=red]$test[$x][/color]");
                   }

}

I think that the problem here is the $test variable. I don't what the sizeof($test), but yes the sizeof(course0, course1,etc) .. and also, i don't what to echo the $test[$x] variable, but yes the $course0[$x], $course1[$x], etc...

i hope i made myself clear  :?

I would glady appreciate any help!

try

for($i = 0; $i < $num_course; $i++) // num_course is the number of arrays (course0,course1) that are recieved
		{

$test = "course".$i;

for($x = 0; $x < sizeof($$test); $x++) //ad one more $
                   {

echo($$test[$x]); //same here
                   }

}

Hay sasa, thanks alot for the reply :)

The code's working fine, except the last echo ( echo($$test[$x]);). It's not echoing anything..

{

$test = "course".$i;

for($x = 0; $x < sizeof($$test); $x++) //ad one more $ (works fine)
                   {

echo $$teste // works out fine, it knows it's arrays

echo($$test[$x]); // doesn't work. just can't get the values of the array printed out

echo ($$teste[0]); //i even tried to print out a value manually, but it's not working also

}

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.