extracting sound from an iframe

Darghon

Title is pretty much what I want to achieve.

so there's an iframe on a page, and I want to extract the embedded audio data within it, is this possible with javascript?

any tutorials or tips and tricks?

and also, if any more background information is needed, do ask.

is this iframe pointed to a document under your domain? javascript implements a sort of  "security feature" for developers to prevent data being parsed/modified thru javascript unless it is across the same domain.. however.. if you're looking to parse an embed tag from another website.. you can do the parsing from php and then request that data with javascript via an XMLHttpRequest object (AJAX)

The source of the IFrame is on the same domain, and what I want to do, is fetch that data into javascript and submit it to localhost or whatever so I can manipulate the data.

the headers of the iframe are as follows (not sure if they'll be helpfull):

Proxy-Connection Keep-Alive

Connection Keep-Alive

Content-Length 9874

Via 1.1 INTRACTO-FW

Expires Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:11:16 GMT

Content-Type audio/mepeg

Server nginx

Pragma no-cache

Cache-Control no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate

Content-Disposition attachment; filename="validate.mp3"

Content-Transfer-Encoding binary

uhm.. you shouldn't do the iframe method then well the way you want to you shouldn't :).. you could however load the iframe and use the bgsound attribute..  or make a very simple flash mp3 player, and actually PLAY it with the iframe.. because with an iframe you can manipulate the DOM of the iframe but you can't take just the data within it.. and even if you could find a way you can't use the source of an mp3 to play that file :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.