trying to get a smooth scroll on my site

renegade44

hey guys, I am trying to apply  a smooth scroll to my site. Its a 1 page site and I have anchor tags set up at various points. here is the jquery I am using which isnt working:

$(document).ready(function () {

$("#menu_nav").localScroll();

});

it only scrolls down like an inch no matter what button I press.

my site is www.glenhealy.com

you can see for yourself, if you select a menu item, it only scrolls a few inches. If I take away the jquery, it jumps right to each anchor tag like its supposed to so i know its gotta be something wrong with the way im doing the jquery.

anyone have any ideas?

fill the anchor tags with   and change it from name="contact" to id="contact" local links jump to ids not names :)

I've tested this on your site (firebug) and works great.. :)

Thank YOU Russel, Im going to try it out as soon as I get a moment. I appreciate it man.

Glen

OK, it works as planned

Basicaly Im trying to do something dvanced now(I think)

I am trying to implement an fixed menu at the top so when the page scrolls, the menu scrolls too.

thus far I made it fixed, and it works as intended except I need to make it so objects scroll under the menu, so that when users use the side scroll, content doesn't go over the menu.

How would I do this if its even possible?

OK I figured out using the z-index does the trick.

an issue I am having is with a plug in I am using, its a side tab that scrolls in, It is pushing my top logo down the page about 400px and if I click "home" it goes up to its normal state. Anyone have any idea what is doing this? I uplo9aded my latest evrsion so anyone can see it. www.glenhealy.com. I have the top-margin set at 40px which is where it should be when the page loads but for some reason I think the slider on the left is making it drop down. any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.