SQL syntax error!!!!

daxguy

$query4 = 'UPDATE movies SET embed = \''.$updated_embed. ',\' where title =\''.$_POST['title'].'\' ';

i have written this query to update my movies table and as u see the query is written using ' ' quotes now wen i try inserting the values in the text box and if it encounters " quote it works fine but if it encounters ' quote anywer it causes error cuz it messes up with the query.. can anyone help??? sumhow i could igone ' quote in the sql query but want the complete text in the text box including ' quote to be inserted in the db.. if i use " quote with query then i have the same problem.. if i try adding a text and it encounter " then there is a problem with sql syntax and a problem is caused any one give a solution please.. i want these quotes used in the text box to be inserted in db.. dont want to remove them..

$embed_text = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['embed']); 

but i am getting the following error..

mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\htdocs\gl\movie_process.php on line 109

i did wat u said and its not working

$embed_text = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['embed']);

foreach($embed_text as $embed_value)
	{
		$query4_1 = "Select * from movies where title = '".$_POST['title']."';";
		$result2 = mysql_query($query4_1) or die(mysql_error());
		while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_assoc($result2))
		{
			$embed_update = $row2['embed'];
			$updated_embed = $embed_update.$embed_value;
			$query4 = 'UPDATE movies SET embed = \''.$updated_embed. ',\' where title =\''.$_POST['title'].'\' ';
			mysql_query($query4) or die(mysql_error());

}

}

$_POST['embed'] is an array and $_POST['embed'] creates a random no of fields soo an array is used here..

in the above code i have tried to update the existing db entries with new ones added to them.

but now am getting the error

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in C:\xampp\htdocs\gl\movie_process.php on line 112

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\gl\movie_process.php on line 114

How is that not a solution?

$_POST['title'] = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['title']); // Make sure you do this before the loop
$update_embed = mysql_real_escape_string($update_embed);

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '600' height='480' frameborder='0' src='http://embed.videoweed.com/embed.php?v=cw' at line 1

this the error am getting again on the following code

foreach($_POST['embed'] as $embed_value)
	{
		$query4_1 = "Select * from movies where title = '".$_POST['title']."';";
		$result2 = mysql_query($query4_1) or die(mysql_error());
		while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_assoc($result2))
		{
			$embed_update = $row2['embed'];
			$updated_embed = $embed_update.$embed_value;
			mysql_query($query4) or die(mysql_error());

}

}

i did this

but its still interfearing with the code

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.