I Finaly got it up, now i need some one to look at it

nouse4one

This is a girlfriend/boyfriend dating application website i got the idea from a tucker max book i read thought it was hilarious. Please check it out and post your thoughts this is my first server side/Mysql creation and need feed back 9 days strait im not sure if i can see the forest through the trees any more.

http://www.screencupid.com

or see a test profile http://www.screencupid.com/60

or to make your own http://www.screencupid.com/signup.php

Very nice start.  You need to give the site a less sterile and more intimate look.  I suggest ditching the fire engine red header and go with a gradient using a deep color like jade, maroon, rich blue, etc.  Also dropping in a testimonial or two will help.  I would suggest not using a serif font and going with something more web friendly like arial, verdana or even century gothic.  A big, high resolution image in the header area would really make the site look friendly and inviting.

From a business standpoint I'll tell you to make it appeal to women.  Anywhere you can get a lot of women to congregate the men will follow - fact of life.  Remember that ultimately you are selling a dream (finding that special person) - so gear it to that.

Very nice start.  You need to give the site a less sterile and more intimate look.  I suggest ditching the fire engine red header and go with a gradient using a deep color like jade, maroon, rich blue, etc.  Also dropping in a testimonial or two will help.  I would suggest not using a serif font and going with something more web friendly like arial, verdana or even century gothic.  A big, high resolution image in the header area would really make the site look friendly and inviting.

From a business standpoint I'll tell you to make it appeal to women.  Anywhere you can get a lot of women to congregate the men will follow - fact of life.  Remember that ultimately you are selling a dream (finding that special person) - so gear it to that.

Thank you for your review i have since ditched the red banner and completely re did my sites graphics and layout. I also optimized the alot of the php which i got sloppy with. Again i value your input thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.