Sidebar Menu State b/w WordPress Pages

tfx

Hi,

Hope someone can assist as I am unsure how to do this within WordPress.

Basically, as part of my sidebar.php file, I am using the Superfish menu system so that when a user clicks on menu-option 4 for instance, this highlights to green based on some jQuery processing I am doing. Again, when a user then clicks on menu-option 1, this now becomes the active menu option (green) and menu-option 4 returns to it's non current state.

So in actual fact, have incorporated my own current menu option class within my Superfish menu, which is all working fine in the index.html version prior to moving to WordPress.

My question is, as I call sidebar.php in a few files, including custom wordpress pages, how can I maintain the state between different pages because when I call a custom page with makes reference to my sidebar.php, it simply just reloads the sidebar menu as if no menu option has been selected even though I have?

Hope this makes sense.

I would like it to keep state as described above, when calling different pages via my sidemenu, which is situated in the sidebar.php file?

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.