mod rewrite to directory won't work

dombrorj

I've been working on this for several hours, and I know its something you guys can do in about 3 seconds. So hoping you don't mind helping me out here...

I have the following code, which is not quite working:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mysite.com
RewriteRule ^vote/(.*)$  wp-content/blogs.dir/2/vote/$1 [L]

I'm trying to load the index.html page in mysite.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/vote load by using mysite.com/vote, but I get a 404 - page not found. The only way it sort of works is if I go to mysite.com/vote/index.html. Even then, it doesn't load any of the images (which are stored one level deeper in an 'images' directory: mysite.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/vote).

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

It may be important to note that Wordpress is installed on the root directory.

Thanks!

Using mod-rewrite, you may have to provide full URL's to your images, as they pass through the re-writer also, (as data calls from the client's browser).  However, to get it to show with only "mysite.com/vote" you need to change your rule.

RewriteRule ^vote/(.*)$  wp-content/blogs.dir/2/vote/$1 [L]

The above code is checking for the word "vote" then a slash(/) then any more characters before the end of the string.  This would return valid for "mysite.com/vote/index.html", but not valid for "mysite.com/vote".

RewriteRule ^vote$ wp-content/blogs.dir/2/vote/index.html [L]

The code above will evaluate true for "mysite.com/vote", but not true for "mysite.com/vote/index.html".

You could get it to work both ways with more complex regex patterns, but I'll leave that for the Apache or Regex forums.  As I am no regex guru.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.