I don't understand how to edit a database upon payment

Rifts

Hey everyone.

I'm making a php/mysql game and I don't understand how do to this.  please read the whole thing and dont just say use paypal.

thanks in advanced.

The game is free to play but if you want some extra perks like gold and what not I want to you be able to pay with real money to get them.

I dont have ANY idea how to do this....

Say there are three parts

100gold  1,000gold  10,000gold

$5                $10          $20

Is this possible:

use paypal set up three different buttons/links for that then I know paypal asks if you wants to point them to a thankyou page so I would make the thankyou page have the PHP in it to update they database with the new gold values.

the problem I see is how will paypal save their member id or user id number so my script in the thankyou page will update the right account and also what is stopping people from just going straight to the thankyou page without paying?

Thanks for the info

I hate to ask this, but have you gone through the PayPal documentation on how to use their APIs? The documentation will tell you what values to pass to PayPal and how you can retrieve them WITHOUT the user bypassing the whole thing. You can set up a specialized variable (like a customer id) that you send to PayPal and they will send that variable back to you, if you request it.

Just go through the documentation that PayPal has.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.