link colors from php include page vs link colors from main page

cypher25

We have recently recreated our website and were trying to go php to use #includes so that we could have our organization president have a folder of files that he can edit and they pull onto the front page....the problem i am running into is some formatting.

On the front page, we have 3 columns in the middle of the page...the left and ride "sidebars" (so i like to call them) are what our president should be able to edit (but cannot right now) and the middle is edited by me.  Our problem is the coloring of links throughout the page.  If I tell it to make links white, so they show up on the black and red background, then the middle section that has links (every once in a while) will be white on a white background.  So we made it where they are black.  Now the left and right sidebars show up as red links...which is better but not exactly what we want.

To compare, the site we have up and running that is right is currently in html and is www.wlknights.com and the page i am playing with to get php working right is www.wlknights.com/new/index.php.

Any help you can give would be a huge help.

First, don't design a website in tables. Tables are for data, not for actual web design.

Secondly, if you name the left and right sides say, "#left" and "#right" and "#middle" (respectively) in your CSS file, you can edit the link colors for each side and the center column. It would be something like

#left a, #right a{color:#fff}
#middle a{color:red} 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.