Mailing list help

Binder4

Hi i'm trying to create a mailing list preferably threw Gmail, what i want to do is have a form on my website ware people can hit a check box to "sign up" for a monthly news letter and when they do there email gets added to a Gmail group, iv searched hi and low to find some help on it but i cant find anything i really understand.. i'm sure the information i need is with in these 2 links:

http://code.google.com/googleapps/domain/email_migration/developers_guide_protocol.html

and

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/2.0/basics.html

but i don't understand the code.. if any one has a solution or could explain it to me that would be awesome or if u have a better solution to my mailing list issue that would b great too :)

thanks heaps!

Not sure about gmail but for this I would use something like List Messenger: http://www.listmessenger.com/

It's a decent piece of software and the free version allows you up to 200 subscribers and it's only $50 for the pro version. You really can't beat that - consider the amount of time you'll spend trying to figure out another solution versus this. I've used it many times. Similar programs are bloated and cost $300+. This is simple and reliable.

Are you running a local wamp/lamp server or are you working from a web host? If you don't already have a database you'll need to create one. Wamp or Lamp create one in the mysql interface or phpmyadmin. With a host - your control panel probably has phpmyadmin but you probably can't create a database with it - either way open phpmyadmin to see if you have a database created already - if so, there you go. If not, go to your control panels 'database administration' to create a database (unless they allow you to do so via phpmyadmin)

Hope that helps.

thank you so much for your help, im almost getting there iv got the email client opened now i was just wondering ware id find the code that i would add to my html/php code so that when the user selects a check box it would gather the data and add them to the list?

thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.