css/php issue

Ali25m

hey don't know if anyone has come across this issue before.  I've updated part of our intranet site and it works a treat, the update querys are fine and the so are the select querys all in all everything is great.  However I am having a problem with IE, when I use a .html file to display the page theres no problem but when I save the webpage as a .php the formating won't work in IE.  When I say won't work everything is the same only the page is displayed on the far left of the screen and is not centrally aligned.

Any help is much apprieciated.

P.S I can post the code if required.

Cheers

Ali

pps this is def an IE issue as the page works fine in FF as both .html and .php

What version of IE?

I have no idea why this could happen but there might be a simple work around.

Just make a container div around all your code and align that.

Also maybe the problem is padding or margin properties?

If this doesn't work i might need some code.

I'm testing it on IE8 and its a pain in the nads I much prefer FF or chrome but need cross browser compatibility, Omirion I'll give that a try and see how I get on although my css skills are limited and I normally end up doing more harm than good lol

I'm testing it on IE8 and its a pain in the nads I much prefer FF or chrome but need cross browser compatibility, Omirion I'll give that a try and see how I get on although my css skills are limited and I normally end up doing more harm than good lol

Post your code if you fail.

Html and CSS

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.