how to extract data from different types of tables and use to generate reports

heshan

Hi guys,

I want to generate reports and i want to use some fields of one table and other fields of another table. How can i use that?

Ex.  customer(customer_id, full_name,name_with_initials, address, contact_number,gender)

transaction_table(tran_ID, account_number,account_type,transaction_type, amount, Date)

If i want to use only customer_id, tran_ID, full_name and amount how can i use them to generate reports.

I want them to be taken as fields of one table and use it..

Thanks,

Heshan

Assuming that the 'account_number' field in the transaction table contains the customer_id of the customer making the transaction you can use a join (read Shp0ngi5's link for more information):

SELECT customer_id, tran_ID, full_name, amount FROM transaction_table LEFT JOIN customer ON transaction_table.account_number = customer.customer_id

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.