Imagemagick Help

emma57573

I have a line of code that has been working for over a year, then two days ago it failed in a few areas on my site and I hadnt made any changes. I contacted the host and there was no server updates etc.

Its a php/imagemagick issue, basically the "widthxheight^    - Minimum values of width and height given, aspect ratio preserved" command does not work and fails to import the image at all when I add ^ to my code.

I need it though and im getting fustrated, for now ive changed my code to:

exec("convert $path1 -thumbnail 200x180 -colorspace rgb -gravity center -extent 170x150 $path2");

which works ok but is not spot on like it was before, what I really want is

exec("convert $path1 -thumbnail 170x150^ -colorspace rgb -gravity center -extent 170x150 $path2");

What ever I do I cant get ^ to work anymore but oddly all other imagemagick commands are fine.  :shrug:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.