accessing object in arrays!!

mannyee

hi guys!!

after spending few months on oop based programming, i'm trying to structure my code in mvc way... and i found this tutorial at http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Model-View-Controller-MVC.html by kevin waterson.  i can make almost all of it except the code on indexController.php

this class has a private variable $registry.  the author has assigned it an object that acts like a global variable. when i dump this variable as i get the following:

Registry Object (

[vars:Registry:private] => Array ( [db] => PDO Object ( )

[router] => Router Object ( [registry:Router:private] => Registry Object *RECURSION*

[path:Router:private] => C:\wamp\www\phpro\phprotest/controller

[args:Router:private] => Array ( )

[file] =>                                                      C:\wamp\www\phpro\phprotest/controller/indexController.php

[controller] => index [action] => index )

[template] => Template Object ( [registry:Template:private] => Registry Object *RECURSION*

[vars:Template:private] => Array ( [welcome] => Welcome to PHPRO MVC ) ) ) )

and later on the author uses the following code

/*** set a template variable ***/

$this->registry->template->welcome = 'Welcome to PHPRO MVC';

to access a property $welcome in the template object.

....... as i understand template is just an array item in the vars[] array which is the private property of registry object (and this object is stored into the $this->registry property).... i don't understand the concept how the array item 'template' that stores the Template class object is used to access the Template class  property welcome to set the value.... i mean

if(is_object($this->registry->template))

echo 'yes';

prints yes.

can someone shed the light on this?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.