Hello from Texas

~kev~

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, I'am from Texas, and I'am in need of some php help.

I work as a computer tech for a not-for-profit organization that is in the medical field.  My experience is in networking, hardware trouble shooting, malware removal,,,,,,,, just your usual office computer kind of stuff.

The place I work for is in a need of a way to keep track of medical records.  Instead of buying the software, I'am going to try and develop an in-house database.  We do not need anything too complicated, just something to keep track of patients and their visits.

The plan is to deploy a Linux CentOS server, and develop a mysql - php powered site that runs behind our firewall.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.