Get specific data from another website

ExSpirit

Sure, it's possible. Could be done in a number of ways, the easiest (for me) is cURL. You could however also use DOMDocument.

Then you'd have to do a regex on the page source and get the values you need. I'd give you an example on the site you just gave, but when I'm loading it, I get the following error:

You may have mis-typed the URL. Please check your spelling.

cURL is pretty simple though, basic examples are here:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/examples/simpleget.html

Rough draft, didn't test it:

<?php
$CurlStart = curl_init();
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.gamersfirst.com/warrock/?q=Player&nickname=soldier");
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
$source = curl_exec ($CurlStart);
curl_close ($CurlStart);

$a=preg_match("/Level:</td>\n.*.<td>([0-9]+)</",$source,$b);
$Level = $b[2];
?>

I tried this code and I get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier 't' in /home/content/test.php on line 8

The bottom error is gone, but the internal Server Error is still there... I have no idea why...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) Server at www.gamersfirst.com Port 80

<?php
$CurlStart = curl_init();
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.gamersfirst.com/warrock/?q=Player&nickname=soldier");
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_REFERER, $url);
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; nl; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11");
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
curl_setopt ($CurlStart, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
$source = curl_exec ($CurlStart);
curl_close ($CurlStart);

$a=preg_match("/>Level:.*.\n.*.>([0-9]*)</",$source,$b);
$Level = $b[1];
echo "Level: $Level";
?>

I managed to get most of the data, but now I'm a bit stuck at a few values:

Clan Name (uses href)

Clan Tag

Recruitment (uses span)

Beside that if Clan name or tag is empty then the code shows me input box - probably because there's another "Clan tag" and "Clan name:" in code which has input field after...

To get better view of the code you should check THIS LINK, where all fields are checked.

Can you help me how to get those values?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Beside getting the data from other websites you can change the name or tag is empty then the code shows me input box. I agree to this term..

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided. Pls visit: Data-Entry

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.