Keywords

deansaddigh

Firstly appolagies if this is in the wrong place, Couldnt find where this post would be appropriate.

Ok basically i need some help with keywords etc.

<meta name="description" content="The Uk's largest International Student Services,Free advice & Placement Service for International Students wishing to study in the UK." />

<meta name="keywords" content="Languageschoolsuk.com UK English Language School the International Student Services, learn english course, english school UK, english language, school in England, english courses in England, learn English in England, english course, learn English in Bournemouth, ielts, IELTS, study English as a second language at Charminster UK school, learn English in Britain, intensive english course in England, toefl exam, TOEFL, toefl tests, business english,english for university access, university foundation course in oxford,  work and study in England, study english in south England, summer english courses, Cambridge first certificate, Cambridge examinations, english lessons, south coast,  Bournemouth beach, English in Bournemouth"/>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>language schools uk-International Student Services placing students in Uk language schools </title>

Does this look ok what i have done, can anyone give me some pointers, have i got to much info have i dont it wrong complty

Any help at all would be brilliant

Kind Regards

Dean

if i remember correctly, a maximum of only 25 keywords are usually processed.. BUT, most search engines these days completely ignore the tag, therefore in most cases your keywords become useless.

the rest of your meta tags look fine apart from i *think* that html validator states that the trailing slashes are no longer needed (if your using one of the "HTML" doctypes)

i *think* that html validator states that the trailing slashes are no longer needed (if your using one of the "HTML" doctypes)

Only XHTML had the space + forward slash while the space was actually only for backwards compatibility with older browsers that would not understand XHTML. The forward slash is used in XML to note that it doesn't have a closing tag.

XHTML is pretty much obsolete, XHTML2 has been discontinued in favor of HTML5 and XHTML1.x has never been supported by IE. Either use HTML4.x or 5 using for example the boiler plate code from Paul Irish

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.