Stop Div's Wrapping

mds1256

Hi

I have a header div on my website that spans the whole window.

Within the header i have 2 further divs, one called text (which is floated to the left) and one called form (which is floated to the right).

Within the text div i have a sentence (something like; welcome to my site guest). And in the form div i have 2 text fields and a login button.

This looks spot on when window is maximised but when window is made smaller the form text fields wrap around the text that is floated on the left.

What i need to acheive is when the window is made smaller the text fields will butt up against the text (on the same line and not wrap) and both text fields need to stay inline and not wrap.

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body{
margin:0 0 0 0;
}

#header{
background:#999999;
height:30px;
width:100%;
}

#text{
float:left;
width:200px;
}

#form{
float:right;
width:360px;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="header">
<div id="text">Welcome to my site Guest</div>
<div id="form"><input name="username" type="text" /><input name="password" type="text" /><input name="Submit" type="submit" value="Submit" /></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.