Scanning tool

training82

Hello.

I have a script to help disabled people communicate with other people.

It is a simple list of words ordered in several menus. The user forms sentences with the words and plays it using a voice simulator (also in internet).

Suppose the user can't move his/her arms or hands but he/she can click the mouse button. This function will help him to use the program. It has to work like this:

1. It has to be enabled / disabled with a button and a drop down menu to modify the scanning time (1,2,3,4,5 sec.)

2. When the user enables it, the function will start lighting the buttons of the page to show him the options. When he presses the mouse button the function will activate the option selected. For example, if the user wants to select a menu, he will wait until he sees that menu illuminated and hit the button. The function has to open the menu selected and start scanning again.

3. If the user wants to select a word, he will wait until he sees the word lit and will hit the mouse button to select it. The function has to add that word to the command line.

4. Finally, if the user wants to play or delete a word or sentence, he will wait until the scanner is in that button. If he presses any of them, the function has to do the selected order.

4. The way of scanning is the tricky part. Instead of doing it button by button, it has to scan row by row and then column by column to save time.

5. It has to be a continuous loop until the user disables the function again.

I added the script and a powerpoint slideshow to give a graphic example.

Hope someone can help me with this function. I have a deadline soon and any help is well appreciated.

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.