PHPMailer wierdness...

macwise

I am working on a webform that sends an email when submitted. The following output appears intermittently on the form.php page (I have currently disabled the page forwarding so I can see the output more easily).  I am not quite sure what is going on, but when this occurs, no email is sent.  Here's what the output looks like:

SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> ERROR: HELO not accepted from server: SMTP -> FROM SERVER: SMTP -> ERROR: MAIL not accepted from server: Message could not be sent.
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: From address [myemail@myserver.com] failed

This same file and same configuration has worked on and off, even when no changes are made.  It seems that maybe the server is simply denying connections for some reason, but I'm not entirely sure, hence the post here.  Any suggestions or ideas for debugging are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

I've spoken with them.  They say nothing is apparently wrong on their end. 

If I connect to a VPN server, I can get the form to submit without issues, but disconnecting doesn't resolve the issue. If I wait for a while, then try again, the form seems to work fine.

I'm wondering if this is has something to do with a connection being left open on the server?  I know next to nothing about phpMailer, so guesses is all I have.

I've spoken with them.  They say nothing is apparently wrong on their end. 

If I connect to a VPN server, I can get the form to submit without issues, but disconnecting doesn't resolve the issue. If I wait for a while, then try again, the form seems to work fine.

I'm wondering if this is has something to do with a connection being left open on the server?  I know next to nothing about phpMailer, so guesses is all I have.

Hmm....

Even I don't know  :shrug:. Maybe a guru will come and save the day  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.