loading an external php page

woodplease

l have a script i got of dynamic drive that loads another page inside a div tag. This works. the page that is loading contains code than when run, reloads that php page to insert data into a database. The problem is that it just reloads the entire page and doesnt enter the data into the database.

The main page

<div id='fcontrol'><table border='1' class ='tstyle'><tr height ='700'><td valign='top' class='ssbg' width='120'><div id='menu'><a href='javascript:ajaxpage("new_section.php", "contentarea");'>Add new section</a><br/><br/><a href='javascript:ajaxpage("new_sub_section.php", "contentarea");'>Add new section to forum</a><br/><br/><a href='index.php'>Back to forum</a><br/><br/></div></td><td class='tcontrol' width='700' valign='top'><center><div id='contentarea'>Control Panel</div></center></td></tr></table></div></div>

the page inside the div

if (isset($_POST['new_section'])) { if (!$section_title ) {die('You did not complete all of the required fields<br/><a href="./new_section.php">Back</a>');}$query = "INSERT INTO section_main (section_title) VALUES ('$section_title')";$add_section = mysql_query($query) or die ('could not add new section');?><h1>section added</h1><?php}else{?><form name="add_section" method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['../PHP_SELF']; ?>"><table><tr><td>Section Name</td><td><input type="text" name="section_title" maxlength="200" /></td></tr><tr><td></td><td><input type="submit" name="new_section" value="Add Section"/></td></tr></table></form><?php}?>

the javascript

var bustcachevar=1 //bust potential caching of external pages after initial request? (1=yes, 0=no)var loadedobjects=""var rootdomain="http://"+window.location.hostnamevar bustcacheparameter=""function ajaxpage(url, containerid){var page_request = falseif (window.XMLHttpRequest) // if Mozilla, Safari etcpage_request = new XMLHttpRequest()else if (window.ActiveXObject){ // if IEtry {page_request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")} catch (e){try{page_request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch (e){}}}elsereturn falsepage_request.onreadystatechange=function(){loadpage(page_request, containerid)}if (bustcachevar) //if bust caching of external pagebustcacheparameter=(url.indexOf("?")!=-1)? "&"+new Date().getTime() : "?"+new Date().getTime()page_request.open('GET', url+bustcacheparameter, true)page_request.send(null)}function loadpage(page_request, containerid){if (page_request.readyState == 4 && (page_request.status==200 || window.location.href.indexOf("http")==-1))document.getElementById(containerid).innerHTML=page_request.responseText}function loadobjs(){if (!document.getElementById)returnfor (i=0; i<arguments.length; i++){var file=arguments[i]var fileref=""if (loadedobjects.indexOf(file)==-1){ //Check to see if this object has not already been added to page before proceedingif (file.indexOf(".js")!=-1){ //If object is a js filefileref=document.createElement('script')fileref.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");fileref.setAttribute("src", file);}else if (file.indexOf(".css")!=-1){ //If object is a css filefileref=document.createElement("link")fileref.setAttribute("rel", "stylesheet");fileref.setAttribute("type", "text/css");fileref.setAttribute("href", file);}}if (fileref!=""){document.getElementsByTagName("head").item(0).appendChild(fileref)loadedobjects+=file+" " //Remember this object as being already added to page}}}

I've included all the code related to the problem. i know its a lot, but i wanted to give as much info as possible

There are no error messages. when an ajax link is clicked, it loads a (php) page into the div tag. This displays. There is a form in the php page that when submitted, reloads the php page, and runs code to insert the form data into a table. the problem is that it is reloadiung the page with the ajax on, therefore the php page is no longer loaded in the div resulting in the code not running

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.