Color Wheel

larson88

Lets say your a JavaScript genius... Should you know how to make a Color Wheel using Javascript... or would you need to know A LOT about color, and the math behind color? More less what I am saying is... are you a bad javascript programmer if you can't figure out how to make a Color Wheel without any help(looking up color math formulas or other information about color)

Let's say I'm an expert in the javascript language who doesn't know anything about electrical engineering.  Would someone expect me to code up an application to be used by EE's to figure out the conversion of watts to amps?  Programmers are expected to be able to work with domain experts to create applications that use the expert knowledge, or to research these areas themselves.  In my experience good programmers are expected to be quick studies.  They aren't expected to be Leonardo DaVinci or Albert Einstein.  Plenty of domain experts end up writing software, using what they know, and learning how to program well enough to be able to translate their expertise into useful software as well.  It doesn't mean that they write good efficient maintainable code.   

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.