Displaying SWF and not having to specify width/height

Bcapecci

Ok, so I want to display a swf on a game page. What I have in place so far is a system where users can upload their swfs where a link to the swf gets put in a game database and the actual file gets put in the logged in users upload folder. The system for creating sortable (game genre, popularity, etc) thumbnails for each file that link to the game page isn't complete but I think I know how to do it. Anyway, I obviously don't want a page for each game. I'm just going to be passing the info through the url to a game.php page and then using a url rewrite. My question is whats the best way to display the swf? Note I don't want to use some 3rd party thing. I know I can use object tags but it asks for a width and height. I've seen game portals like Kongregate that don't ask for the width and height of the game, other like Newgrounds cause a minor hassle when you have to check your dimensions. If I don't need to specify width and height in object tags, that seems a lot easier to me because I don't know javascript. Hopefully it's not a terrible assumption that it can even be done in js. Thanks, brandon

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.