<br clear=" left"> vs CSS

laanes

Hello to everyone,

I am facing a CSS layout problem which I find is best explained by looking at the problem itself:

http://www.swanseatimber.co.uk/shop/hardware/cat_100.html

I am floating the subCats element to left but it will not appear beneath the baseline of boxContent - the previously aligned element. I would rather make proper use of the CSS float property than the br clear left if possible?

Kind regards,

laanes

maybe a

clear: both;      (on your .boxContent)

or maybe try a

top-margin: 60px;      (on your .subCats) adjust of course. Should push down eventually.

if those dont work

maybe try making your .subCats class a div ID rather than a class with the top margin added.  Let me know if any of this helps.

Peace,

Adam

I am not sure how the above comments would help ;)

I dont know if I understand the problem fully, however you want subCats to display below boxContent?

Is so, why is subCats within your boxContent div? Can't you just move subCats?

Or if boxContent is meant to be a container then add overflow:hidden on boxContent.

Maybe if you could clear up what you are trying to do, then I might be able to help :)

Or if boxContent is meant to be a container then add overflow:hidden on boxContent.

That was the trick indeed.

margin did help to push subCats down but did not allow me to move it further to the right.

Cheers nano and skrappy1979 for helping me out  ! :)

laanes

No problem, as for pushing it to the right, try pushing it over the same way you pushed it down.

by adding a

left-margin: 10px;

Of course keep the top-margin in there. Also I don't know how far you want it over to the right so tinker with the px value till your happy. If you like how it looks now Id just leave it.  :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.