Looking for an application that manages user specified background tasks.

jjk2

is there any web interface solution that lets users login, run and schedule jobs of specific CPU intensive background tasks, view running jobs, delete jobs ? There should be administration section where you can configure, queue jobs etc.

Hudson CI is something that does the described, but I'm wondering if there's a more lightweight and common general purpose solution out there.

I can't quite put a finger on how to define this process, so I am asking for suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like you are looking for a php based cron manager. A quick google search came up with this - http://ryanfaerman.com/php-crontab-manager/ . It is not a completed solution but it does seem like it would be simple enough to use in developing something that will suit your specific needs.

Also, I am in the process of working on a python(using twisted and django) based project that does almost exactly what you are describing. It is still in the early pre-alpha stages but it will end up being opensource.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.