subscribe to feed

c_pattle

I have a php script that saves some data as a .xml document.  When I view this in my browser I can subscribe to the feed (I am using firefox).  However I asked someone else to see if they could subscribe (they were using IE) but the couldn't.  Therefore how can users subscribe to my feed?  Will only some be able to subscribe?

Thanks for any help. 

Hello, c_pattle.

You wrote:

I have a php script that saves some data as a .xml document.  When I view this in my browser I can subscribe to the feed (I am using firefox).  However I asked someone else to see if they could subscribe (they were using IE) but the couldn't.  Therefore how can users subscribe to my feed?  Will only some be able to subscribe?

Thanks for any help.

You talking about the built-in method of a browser, don't you?

Am not using IE except for looking at my own website, and that only because of its design and layout.

So -- I suggest your acquaintance who is using the Internet Explorer might need to install an Extension.

Or -- your XML-Feed is just too simple for the IE. I want to say that especially Microsoft, Yahoo!, and ASK.com do not work with minor-class-written XML-data. You can have a look on that case sitemap on www.sitemaps.org; when you do not write your sitemap in this syntax especially for ASK.com it will not work with your website in the case of sitemap. Just an idea.

Would have been nice when you whould have posted an example of your feed, wouldn't it?

ps: At all, try an XML/RSS-Feedreader to subscribe to your Feed - when that thing shouldnt do it, then there is something heavy wrong with your feed.

Regards,

MPeter

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.