image moves according to screen size

jester18

Hello All,

I have an image which contionously moves depending on different screen sizes, or browser size not quite sure. I used absolute positioning first however I found out relative positioning is better.

heres is my css

#ucd{

position: relative;

top: -540px;

margin-left: 170px;

}

still keeps moving when I look at the page on my friends desktop...any suggestion on how to keep the positioning the same?

attached is an example of how i am structuring the Div's. The surrounding div's are floated left and right and stay in the same position but the centre image named "ucd" keeps moving.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have used floats on all the surrounding squares I just don't know how to float the middle square without it disrupting the surrounding float's position. I want it postioned exactly in the middle of the surrounding divs(just not sure how to achieve this). Please check out the attached image to see what I am refering to. thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.