MySQL would not stop -- why?

mrherman

OK, this has never occurred before -- just wondering what happened?

I have this little desktop app (PHP and MySQL) that runs simple stats from an "in" table into an "out" table.

The "in" table is large, so it is kinda slow...Probably my programming...

Anyway, I run the PHP in a browser (FIREFOX) window.  When I want the program to stop the process in order to debug a few things, I just hit the "STOP LOADING THIS PAGE" button in the browser.  That has always worked to halt the program.

This time, it wouldn't work.  I clicked on "STOP LOADING... " button (as usual) and the browser said "stopped."  But the program just kept on running.  MySQL kept processing rows.  I went to the XAMPP control panel and tried to stop Mysql.  It said "stopped", but then said "busy" and kept on processing the data.

I finally closed my IDE and about that time it finally stopped.  It ran for about 20 mins. after I had clicked on the "STOP LOADING..." button and the browser stated "stopped" in the lower left.

What happened?  Why didn't it stop?

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.