sessions php 5.2.14 Apache windows (vertrigo)

Hello,

I installed the vertrigo package on Windows XP which runs php 5.12.14. I've a program that uses sessions whose data are stored in a MySql datbase. This program works fine on linux. Almost everything works on windows as well, session_start works, the write handler works. The read handler works and returns the serialized data of the session (I checked this), BUT $_SESSION is empty after session_start?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Here below are the session configuration parameters and the read handler code.

function set_session_parameters() {

/*  ini_set('session.save_path', '/home/piet/sessions/quotes');*/

session_name('QUOTEID');                        /* call session_name before gc parameters, should be safer*/

ini_set('session.gc_divisor', '100');

ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', '86400'); /*garbage periodicity for sessions in seconds: 1 day, this applies only to sessions with 'started' status (see _clean_session_quote()).*/

ini_set('session.gc_probability', '35');      /*this value/divisor(default 100)=probability of launching the garbage collector on session_start(), here probability=3/10*/

ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', '0');          // don't rely on cookies

ini_set('session.use_cookies', '0');

ini_set('url_rewriter.tags',''); //This is in the case the propagation of the sid in the url were enabled (session.use_trans_sid set to 1)  while it should be disabled by default.

ini_set('session.serialize_handler','php');

ini_set('session.save_handler','user');

//use a data base for custom storage of the sessions

session_set_save_handler('_open_session','_close_session','_read_session','_write_session','_destroy_session_quote','_clean_session_quote');

}//set_session_parameters

function _read_session($id){

global $dbref;

$id = mysql_real_escape_string($id);

$sql = "SELECT data FROM sessions WHERE id = '$id'";

if (!is_resource($result = @mysql_query($sql, $dbref)))

throw new Exception("can't read session:" . mysql_error());

if (mysql_num_rows($result)){

$record = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

return $record['data'];

}

return '';

}//_read_session

I reply to myself if that can be of any help to others. I didn't manage to get the default php session serializer to work. However, as the XML wddx serializer comes bundled with the windows php version, I explicitly switched to this serializer:

ini_set('session.serialize_handler', 'wddx');

before starting the session and things work fine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.