PHP not reading php.ini

Ok so i recently made some changes to my php.ini file, and when i went to check phpinfo.php they were different than what I had set them to in php.ini.

I though PHP might be using a different php.ini file so i searched my computer. I did find another php.ini, so I deleted it and restarted iis.

When I checked phpinfo.php it was still showing the wrong value.

I decided to rename the php.ini file I’m using to “php.ini—“ to see what php would do if it wasn't there. I restarted iis, checked phpinfo.php and php was working fine (still with different information)!

The computer search is saying there are no more php.ini files, so I don't know how php is working without a file, does anyone know a solution to this problem?

What does the phpinfo() output show for Loaded Configuration File? <-- That's the php.ini that php is using. If it is blank, meaning no php.ini, then php is using the default values for all the settings. If it is the php.ini that you have been changing, have you stopped and started the IIS service to get any changes made to the php.ini to take effect? Also, if the syntax you are using is invalid, the value won't take effect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.