Need Help With Joomla / SQL Export and Import PLEASE

joombabyjoom

O boy.. .now i've done it !

i'll try to make this long story as short as possible:

I have a dot info site that i want to transfer over to a much better dot com domain.

'Info Site' is running joomla 1.5, setup through GD control panel

'COM' site is the newest install of joomla (1.5.22)

So..

through FTP, i download EVERYTHING form the info site

i then go to mysQl and export everything from there creating a nice sql backup file for install on the new 'com'

i go to GoDaddy backend and install new joomla for the 'com' site.

Once install has been completed, i drag and drop all the downloaded files from the 'info' site - INTO the 'com' site.

I go to the 'com' sql and dump all the ables

.. i then import my sql data from the 'info' site.

Everything shows up nicely - looks great :)

BUT...

... backend admin in 'com' site is still calling out to the 'info' site. (we don't want this)

i am unable to add new articles with white pages and erros (can't connect..etc) - it appears the db name is incorrect...

...so..

i do a find/replace on my backed up sql file

... i replace all the old database name with new database name (something like 2.800 instances)

... i then save that sql file as a new file (not to replace the orig) and import

... i next do the same with my configuration.php file (replace old db with new db)

now... the site works... looks good... all links work - everything LOOKS great

but it's really not

things are screwy all over.

i try to log in to my backend admin, i see the 'info' site roll past the status bar (bottom of browser) just before it gives me this 'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL'

if i refresh - i am able to actually work in my control panel under my proper 'com' name..

.. but again .. still can not save new work... it's a mess.

i could really use some help with this... (i hope explained myself properly)... i also have a few other issues i need help with help as well, but probably very easy stuff for the ones that know best.

thanks for looking and reading (and hopefully helping)

i look forward to hearing back from you.

I'm not familiar with joomla but my first guess is that either there is a config value in the database that defines the domain, or there is a config file that defines the domain, or possibly both.  You need to find where in the code and database in refers to the domain and change it from .info to .com.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.