Foreign Keys Problem

kahodges

I just started using Qcodo framework, and ran the codegen. It produced the following error regarding my mysql database:

Notice: It is recommended that you add a single-column index on "am_startup.empl

oyee" for the Foreign Key am_startup_ibfk_1

I'm not exactly sure what this means? Do I add another column to the table, and name it am_startup_ibfk_1? I already have that column , am_startup.employee indexed. I'm using phpMyAdmin to set up the relations between the tables. I'm just barely grasping foreign keys, so your help would be most appreciated.

It looks like it's just asking you to create an index on am_startup.employee but if you already have it indexed then I'm not sure why it seems to think it's not.  Might double-check to make sure that your index includes only that column, which is specifically what it's asking for.  If it is correct then it may be a bug in the framework when it checks the database schema.  Someone more familiar with Qcodo may have further insight.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.