Prev Next No pagination Help

stav

I have this query

$sql = "SELECT vid,title,rating FROM video WHERE  approved=1 ORDER BY rating DESC LIMIT 10";

and this is the result video page

vid  |  title    | rating

--------------------------

1    |  title1  |  10

5    |  title5  |  12

34  |  title34 |  18

6    |  title6  |  20

12  |  title12 |  20

8    |  title8  |  20

54  |  title54 |  20

23  |  title23 |  43

37  |  title37 |  44

3    |  title3  |  48

now i have a link in the video result page when user click on video he can see that video in video preview page

there i want to ad <<prev and next>> button so user can go to next or prev video from the video resut page

if the user watch video vid 12  next will be video with vid  8 and prev the video with vid 6

$nextsql  = "SELECT vid,title,rating FROM video WHERE rating >= (SELECT rating from video WHERE vid=12) AND vid!=12 AND approved=1 ORDER BY rating DESC LIMIT 1";
$prevsql  = "SELECT vid,title,rating FROM video WHERE rating <= (SELECT rating from video WHERE vid=12) AND vid!=12 AND approved=1 ORDER BY rating ASC LIMIT 1";

but i have problem when there are videos with same rating values

Can some one help me to find prev and next vid  order by rating in this example

Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.