Configuration problem - What am I doing wrong?

I had PHP installed and working fine but then had to do a full re-install of my PC and now I'm following the same steps (well, obviously I'm missing one of them), and I can't get it working.

I'm running Vista with SP1 installed.

I'm running IIS7.

I initially followed this blog:

http://blogs.iis.net/bills/archive/2006/09/19/How-to-install-PHP-on-IIS7-_2800_RC1_2900_.aspx

and installed PHP and the FastCGI module.

What doesn't help now is that a lot of the images on the blog have vanished (or at least I can't see them)

Now, when I try to run a simple PHP script <?php phpinfo(); ?>, I get an error page:

(HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "PHP_via_FastCGI" has a bad module "FastCgiModule" in its module list)

In HandlerMappings, in the IIS Control panel, FastCgiModule is not visible in any of the module drop down lists so obviously, something has screwed up along the way.

If anyone can help and give me a real 'idiots guide' to installing PHP and getting it working again I'd be eternally greatful as I'm tearing my hair out.  If there's an easier guide to follow or if I can bypass the FastCgiModule (I'm not sure if there are alternative ways) and do it simpler then I'm all ears.

really looking forward to someone showing me the way here.

Lee

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.