Free PHP Photo Gallery

spacepoet

Hello:

I am trying to find a free PHP photo gallery that I can use for a site,

Since PHP is very new to me, I wanted to see if anyone knows of a good one that will allow a person to login via an admin panel, and upload photos. Or, create multiple galleries.

Something that's simple and easy to install or configure.

I have been trying to use this one:

http://phpsandbox.org/2010/07/28/phpgallery/

but I keep getting errors trying to install it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Hey. Thanks I will check it out. I have heard of that.

My hosting company just emailed and said the photo gallery I posted was missing a "config.php" file.

I don't know what that is but they said they made one and it should work now.

I will see ...

Thanks again!

:)

Sure, most applications, especially ones that store data in a database, require a config file that sets variables like the name of the database, username and password.  Just creating a config file is probably not enough.  Some applications will setup things for you through a user interface they provide, however, permissions need to be set so that the file in question is writeable by the web process.  This is non-trivial if you don't understand permissions.  It is possible that your current gallery package has that, but in any case there should be some documentation for the format of the config file somewhere.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.