new table from join query?

webguy262

Are there any shortcuts to taking the result of a join query and using it to create a new table?

Using pma I can obviously export the data, but what about the structure of the table?  Or at least the col names?

I guess I could export a SQL file for each table, and put them together in a text editor, right?

It would be great, tho, if I could do it all in one step from the result of the join query.

Hi,

Are there any shortcuts to taking the result of a join query and using it to create a new table?

You can create a table from a joined select query eg like that:

CREATE TABLE table_1 SELECT x.col FROM table_x AS x JOIN table_y AS y ON x.col2 = y.col2

Using pma I can obviously export the data, but what about the structure of the table?  Or at least the col names?

In php myadmin you at default you can export the structure of the table, anyway theres a structure fieldset under the export tab.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.