Windows Server 2003 Updates Broke PHP and/or it's connection to MySQL

After running Windows Updates tonight, PHP pages on my server are now loading blank (view source is also blank), except for Wordpress sites, which display "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."  I have checked the php.ini to insure that that extension=mysql is not commented, checked permissions, etc.  I am not finding what is amiss.  phpinfo also loads blank (no MySQL involved there).  It was working prior to the Windows Updates.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

I get a php info page using the script <?php phpinfo(); ?> instead of <? phpinfo(); ?>.

So now I have a clue.  I had tried to install PHP5.3 in addition to PHP5.  It is in a separate directory.  I can see now the php.ini that is being used is in the PHP53 directory.

So, I changed the mapping for the .php extension for a site in IIS, setting it to use c:\windows\system32\inetsvr\fciext.dll and now I get this:

FastCGI Error

The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

* Could not find entry for "php" on site 760216309 in [Types] section.

* Error Number: 1413 (0x80070585).

* Error Description: Invalid index.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

The FastCGI handler is added and allowed in Web Service Extensions in IIS.

So, I've changed the problem but still need to solve the problem.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.