I want to do a referral contest

SportsGameClub

Hi, I am posting here hoping I can get some help with an idea I have to gain users for my website.

My website is at http://www.sportsgameclub.com. It is running on Dolphin 7.

My site is almost complete and I of course need to get traffic to my site. I figured that a good way to do this would be to have a contest to see who can get the most members to sign up and hopefully use the site after signing up.

It would be great if there was some type of mod that would integrate this contest in with Dolphin. However, I most likely will need a completely separate script to run the contest.

All I need is a form I guess. A form that will log the username of the person referred, the username of the referrer, and ip address to make sure no one is cheating. Getting a form is simple, I could easily find a script for that. However, I am hoping there is something out there that will organize the data for me. I need to make sure that each referrer is given credit. I need the script to recognize that any time "John" is typed in as the referrer, that "John" is given credit. It can either be a numeric thing or just somehow log the names of the users "John" referred and make it easy to distnguish "John's" referrals from "John10's" referrals.

I hope I worded this correctly lol. Does anyone know of any scripts that will do this? Preferably free? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.