I'd be happy to get a review of my website

kirill578

Just my opinion, thats all it is, cause i will give you my honest opinion...

I dont like it.

Its too cartoony and i feel that people will not take you seriously.

I would revamp the site, choose some decent font styles and go with that.

Try "lucida grande" as a font style, i think it would work well.

Calm the logo down a bit too, less is more these days.

If i didnt know better i would guess this was a site from the 90s.

For me personaly its still not hitting the mark.

Maybe its just me and you could do with other peoples perspectives on it.

Looking closely i can see the main content box needs to be redone as i can see jagged lines on the corners.

I take it you like round boxes for everything?

Round boxes is ok in moderation, but dont overdo it.

Maybe do away with the round main content box and just have a couple of round ones within the content, or just have a round one as the main content.

You see what i am getting at? Try a few different combinations and see where it goes.

I am all for large font styles to a point, but i feel that yours are a bit in yer face. Could do with coming down a few points.

Best advice i always think is to look a really big sites that have spent big money on design and research, then emulate to a point what they have spent thier money on.  ;)

I think you should push towards using CSS3 more with less graphics. You can do perfectly rounded corners divs using it, and shadows for that fact. It looks too amateur currently, like a junior graphics class. Also, the 'my problem' value should be removed when you click on the input box.

I have a comment on the functionality of the site, when I viewed it I was interested in viewing more then just one random problem...  My thoughts are you should make it so that when someone clicks on a "a random one", it generates a new random one, so that a visitor can cycle through multiple problems..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.