Complicated JQuery form with MySQL data submission issue

dennishall

Hi All:

I've been working on a POC ROI form that works well until I attempt to process the form data.

To be more clear, the form animation works fine when not processing the php file related (see lines 66, and 157 in index.php to disable php processing) Also see comment on line 142.

When I enable the php processing by commenting line 66 and and inserting go.php in the action="" of the FORM tag, the php processes correctly and writes to MySQL.

When I disable this function th eforms JQuery works fine, but (of course) the input is not submitted to MySQL via my go.php process.

My issue is that I'm trying to have the best of both worlds where my form animation is perfect AND I write to MySQL so this means I cannot be redirected to go.php and I also need the user input to remain in the form.

I know AJAX should be the solution, and I have tried many things (for my last attempt, see commented lines 139 to 148).

Can anyone assist me in where and what specific AJAX code I would need to insert to get my JQuery to remain fully functional AND make use of my go.php?

I have attached my roi.zip containing the the index.php and go.php files - my DB table is straight forward, table name roi with the 4 fields named software(VARCHAR30), patients(INT11), reimbursement(INT11), and rejection(INT11))

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.

Best Regards,

dennishall

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.