Importing of CSV files into database

genzedu777

Hi all,

I am currently facing an issue in importing CSV files into my database, due to the 'comma' issue

As you can see in picture1.jpg, I have the fields terminated by 'comma'.

The error happens in Picture2.jpg, as you can see through the red pointed arrow, No.5 'tutor_id' column became something else. It was due to No.2's tutor comment.

No.2 tutor's comment was written in such

"- 2 YEARS OF TEACHING EXP

- PRI MATHS AND SCIENCE

- BOTH ARE JUST GETTING PASSES IN THE SUBJECTS. AFTER 6 MONTHS, ONE GOT 75% AND THE OTHER 80%"

Basically "ONE GOT 75% AND THE OTHER 80%" appears in No.5 tutor's tutor_id, and the one which is highlighted in blue and nowhere to be seen in No.2 tutor's comment, it has been chopped off (see picture3.jpg)

Any idea how I should overcome this error? Should I set my 'fields terminated' as something else instead of the comma?

Please help!!

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Surprisingly, after trying it back home, it didn't work well again.

After placing an inverted comma in 'Fields enclosed by', and imported into the database, record 1, 2 and 10 appeared, but 3 - 9 were missing.

Picture2.jpg shows the appeared records and example1.doc shows the file which I am importing

May I know what is the possible reason that I have missing records?

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.